We’re committed to carrying an assortment that reflects the needs of the families we serve and comes from producers who share our mission. Here’s what we consider when stocking the Marketplace.
Before we add a new product, we form a direct relationship with the producer to understand their business and sourcing practices and ensure that they are in line with our uncommonly strict standards. All products and their sub-ingredients must meet them — our standards are consistent with everything we sell.
Transparency & Ingredient Integrity
It’s not standard practice for traditional cleaning products to list every ingredient on the label. But we demand complete transparency for every product so you know exactly what you’re bringing into your home: sustainably sourced plant- and enzyme-based formulas — no harmful chemicals, or synthetic dyes or fragrances. And we personally test every product in our own homes to make sure it actually works.
Here’s what you’ll never find in a home cleaning, paper, or personal care product on Good Eggs.
List of Unallowable Ingredients
- Synthetic fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole)
- BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene)
- Parabens / Parabens Dioxin
- MIT (Methylisothiazolinone)
- Heavy Metals
Sustainable Manufacturing & Packaging
Along with our baseline criteria, we also look to build relationships with producers that raise industry standards for transparency, living wages, and environmental efforts — not just meeting minimum requirements. To that end, we prioritize businesses and suppliers that:
- Carry third-party certifications from organizations like ECOCERT, EWG, or GMP that help us ensure that every ingredient and every step of the manufacturing process is up to our standards
- Use practices that promote environmental sustainability and regenerative agriculture
- Conserve water usage and utilize renewable energy in production or processing
- Products utilize organic and whole plant-based ingredients
- Use packaging made from highest percentage post-consumer waste available, and is biodegradable or curbside-recyclable
- Pay their employees a living wage
- Are local to the Bay Area and California, and use local or domestically sourced ingredients
- Are certified B-Corp or are incorporated as Public Benefit Corporations
- Have employee ownership or cooperative ownership structures
- Share the cost of medical/dental/vision/other insurance benefits for both employees and their families
- Undertake programs that give back to their immediate community
Learn more about our requirements around labor practices for the producers we work with.